Introducing our Non Executive Board Member: Dr Paul le Roux
Dr Paul le Roux is a Director, and the CEO, of Cape Fertility Clinic.
He is a registered Specialist in Reproductive Medicine with the Health Professions Council of South Africa.
He completed his specialist training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the University of Cape Town. He did his two year fellowship training in Reproductive Endocrinology at the University of Cape Town / Groote Schuur Hospital. He received numerous merit awards for excellence in his clinical work and research during his training. His original research work in endocrinology has been published in leading international journals, and he has presented many papers at international congresses.
His special interests are IVF, reproductive endocrinology and egg donation.
Dr. le Roux is Past-President of SASREG (Southern African Society for Reproductive Medicine and Gynaecological Endoscopy).
He has served in the following positions on national boards:
* Elected Vice-President of SASREG in 2008
* Elected President of SASREG in 2011
* Elected President of SASREG in 2014
* Advisor to American Association of Gynaecological Laparoscopists (AAGL) in 2011
* Editorial board of IFFS Surveillance Report in 2013 and 2016, and co-authored the reports.
* International Scientific committee of IFFS in 2016
* Authored the gamete donation guidelines for South Africa.
* Chair of accreditation committee for IVF clinics in South Africa from 2011 onwards
* SASREG liaison member for Department of Health for the formulation of new legislation
* Chair of LOC for International AAGL conference in Cape Town in 2013
* Chair of LOC for National SASREG Conference in 2015
Dr. le Roux is married and has two lovely daughters.
Dr Le Roux’s Achievements
President of the South African Society for Reproductive Medicine
Gynaecological Endoscopy, Advisor to AAGL in USA, First ovarian tissue transplant resulting in livebirth in Africa