2. We respect your privacy and your personal information and for this reason, we take all reasonable measures, in accordance with this Policy, to protect your personal information and to keep it confidential, even when you are no longer affiliated to us.
3. We subscribe to the principles, outlined in Section 51 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 2002 (‘ECT Act’), which govern your right to having your personal information kept private. These principles are as follows:
3.1. We will only collect, disclose, collate, process and store (‘use’) your personal information with your express written permission unless legally required to do so, and will only use such information for the lawful purpose for which it is required.
3.2. We will disclose in writing, the specific purpose for which we use, request and store your personal information. We will also keep a record of that personal information and the specific purpose for which we collect it.
3.3. We will not use your personal information for any other purpose, other than that which we disclosed to you, unless you give us your express written permission to do so, or unless we are permitted to do so by law.
3.4. Further to the requirements of the ECT Act; we will only disclose your personal information without your consent:
3.4.1. If we are required to do so by law or a court order; and
3.4.2. If disclosure is in the public interest.
4.1. IFAASA takes the privacy of children very seriously. There is no reason why children under the age of 16 years should need to submit personal details on this website, and we discourage children under the age of 16 years from doing so.
4.2. Children between the ages of 16 and 18 years should obtain their guardian’s consent before providing / submitting any personal information about themselves on the IFAASA website.
4.3. If IFAASA determines that a user is under the age of 16, IFAASA will not use or maintain his/her personal information without the guardian’s consent.
5. Confidentiality and security IFAASA has physical, technological and procedural security safeguards in place and will use its best endeavours to protect your personal information.
6. What is personal information?
Personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you, for example, your name, age and identity number, your assets and liabilities, your income and your medical records. Any information about what you buy, where you shop, where you bank, how you invest and all related information will also be regarded as personal information. In short, any information that we know about you will be regarded as your personal information.
7. How we collect your personal information Whenever you use this website, complete a questionnaire or contact us electronically we will collect your personal information.
8. Why and how we collect and use personal information
8.1. In order to make your use of this website and all services offered by IFAASA in a most beneficial manner, it is necessary for us to maintain accurate records. The following are reasons why we would collect your personal information:
8.1.1. to identify you;
8.1.2. to inform you of IFAASA events or news;
8.1.3. to send you the IFAASA newsletter;
8.1.4. to ask you to participate in South African based research projects;
8.1.5. to provide you with pertinent third party information
8.2. Your privacy is important to us. We will therefore not sell, rent or provide your personal information to any third parties.
8.3. If at any stage, after you have given us your consent, you no longer wish us to use or share your personal information with an affiliate party; you may at any stage withdraw your consent.
9. Protection of your personal information
9.1. We value the information that you choose to provide us with and will therefore take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. The information we maintain concerning our members is stored in databases that have built-in safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information.
9.2. When you use this website, you may be given an access number, user name, password and/or personal identification number (PIN). You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy and confidentiality of your user name, access card, password and/or personal identification number (“PIN”).
9.3. You may be aware that IFAASA does, from time to time, take part in research activities which are aimed at enhancing public knowledge of infertility issues in Southern Africa. Your input is invaluable, and accordingly, no personal information shall be disclosed during or after the research activities.
10. Correction of personal information
If you ever want to update or correct any of your personal information held by us, kindly do so on the website (www.ifaasa.co.za) by logging in using your username and password or contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
11. Personal information held by or disclosed by you to a third party