Understand why it’s important to set realistic goals and develop an awareness of stressors and stress.
Make sure you understand some easy coping techniques to help manage the stress and emotions.
One of the most challenging aspects of the infertility experience is dealing with the emotional ups and downs relating to medical treatment, the uncertainty about outcomes, and the challenge of having to make important decisions such as when “enough is enough.“ It is important to learn how to take care of yourself, make sure you that get the support you need, and to manage your emotions so that your self-esteem and outlook on life remains as positive as possible.
Holidays can be stressful, even in the best of circumstances. Expectations are at a peak. Pressure comes, both from the outside and within, to break out of the normal routine—to celebrate, and to enjoy. But for the person experiencing infertility, holidays can be the most difficult time of the year.
Where to Seek Help
- Coping with the Stress of Infertility Fact Sheet
- Coping with infertility – How friends and family can help
- When to seek professional help fact sheet
- Tips for coping with the holidays
- Coping with Mother’s day and Father’s day
- Coping with Mother’s day: Advice from your community
- Surviving the 2 week wait
– Content curtesy of Resolve