If you answer yes to any of these questions you need to see a Fertility Specialist:
- If you are under 35, have you been having regular unprotected intercourse for 12 months without a pregnancy?
- If you are over 35, have you been having regular unprotected intercourse for 6 months without a pregnancy?
- Have you had more than one miscarriage?
- Do you have painful periods?
- Do you have irregular cycles?
- Do you or your partner have a history of STDs?
IFAASA urges you to become your own advocate for your reproductive health.
A list of Fertility Specialists can be found in our professional directory page and we strongly suggest that you to see one of the accredited specialists on our list.
Remember, most of the tests done to assess infertility, can be claimed from your medical aid. See here to find out what else you can claim from your Medical Aid, by law.